Thursday, February 16, 2006

Bravo, Bravissimo

Yesterday was my sister's birthday, so our family went to Bravo! to celebrate. Bravo! is pretty nice restaurant in the sense that I couldn't afford to eat there normally, so this was enjoyable. When my general idea of dining out is picking up an MTO at Sheetz, I guess it doesn't take a whole lot to impress me. I decided that this was definitely a nice restaurant when, while washing my hands in the restroom, I noticed there was no towel dispenser on the wall. No, in an establishment this fancy, they put the paper towels in a little basket on the sink. Sure, it's not on the same level as having someone there to hand you a towel, but I still thought it was classy. Until I actually took a paper towel. When I did, the basket moved slightly, and I saw a sign on the wall behind it. I pushed the basket aside to reveal a small red plaque on the wall that read: EMPLOYEES MUST "WASH HANDS". Now, there are a couple of things wrong with this picture. I don't generally think employees should have to be told to wash their hands, they should just know, but still, why hide the sign behind the towels? And more importantly, why is "WASH HANDS" in quotes? It makes it sound like they don't really mean it. Like the manager said to everyone, "When you use the restroom, you all need to 'wash your hands.' (wink wink) So, if there's a customer in there, make sure you at least slosh some water on your fingers or something, if you get my drift." Of course, maybe the quotation marks were the reason they put the towels in front of the sign to begin with.

Anyway, my chicken griglia was pretty tasty, but the green beans were too garlic-y.

3 Comments:

Blogger -K- said...

My fam started buying oil and spices and dipping bread in it after going to Bravos a couple of times.

They bought me some for my new apartment...so I'm not a great cook, but I'll give you bread with oil and spices baby!

2/16/2006 9:29 PM  
Blogger The Prufroquette said...

There is NO SUCH THING as too garlicky.

Unless you're a vampire.

Are you a vampire?

2/19/2006 9:02 PM  
Blogger Yax said...

What!? No. Of course I'm not a vampire. I just don't like excessive garlic. And sunlight bothers me. And I can't cross running water.

Oh crap...

2/20/2006 12:13 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home