Catching Up
It has apparently been a mild surprise to some of you that I didn't post about the Super Bowl. I guess I didn't really think it was necessary. You would have to have actively sheltered yourself not to have heard about it, so it's not like I'd be breaking any news. And there were really no good stories of things that happened to me during the game. I could give you an account of how I paced back and forth for most of the game, occasionally collapsing on my bed when they cut to yet another commercial break. But that's not exactly a compelling story. Regarding all of the controversy about the officiating, I will say this: I'm really, really happy that the Steelers won. I just wish it had been more clear-cut. But watching Bettis announce his retirement with the Lombardi Trophy in hand was probably the greatest moment in sports I have ever seen. He said the last stop for The Bus was Detroit, but I have a feeling it'll actually be Canton.
Oh, and Go Steelers!
On another note, I talked before about how I don't like to put too many personal details on here on the off chance someone I don't want to read this ever tries to track me down. So rather than churn out a litany of complaints that might make me feel better in the short term but get me in trouble later, I'll say this. I have a graduate assistanceship that eats up a lot of my time. I have graduate organization activities that eat up time. And classes? Yeah, those tend to take up time as well. And the problem is that they all tend to take up time from the same days. So, for example, yesterday kicked my butt, but I don't have a lot of work to do today. Thus I am posting. And if I'm lucky, you are still reading. If at some point this semester I get a good weekly routine going, some posts might even be interesting. Failing that, I'll just recycle old posts and hope no one notices.
Oh, and Go Steelers!
On another note, I talked before about how I don't like to put too many personal details on here on the off chance someone I don't want to read this ever tries to track me down. So rather than churn out a litany of complaints that might make me feel better in the short term but get me in trouble later, I'll say this. I have a graduate assistanceship that eats up a lot of my time. I have graduate organization activities that eat up time. And classes? Yeah, those tend to take up time as well. And the problem is that they all tend to take up time from the same days. So, for example, yesterday kicked my butt, but I don't have a lot of work to do today. Thus I am posting. And if I'm lucky, you are still reading. If at some point this semester I get a good weekly routine going, some posts might even be interesting. Failing that, I'll just recycle old posts and hope no one notices.


1 Comments:
oh I'll notice, my friend, I'll notice. See you Saturday!! :-)
Post a Comment
<< Home