Saturday, January 28, 2006

I'm an MVP Advantage Rewards Savings Customer!

There is a scene in one of the Back to the Future movies, I don't recall which one, where Doc Brown pulls out a briefcase full of money. The money was neatly organized by time period so that no matter where he went in his sporty little time machine, he'd have the appropriate form of currency. My wallet is kind of like that. Not in terms of money of course. I rarely have much cash in my wallet at all, and any I do have is modern. But what I do have a lot of are grocery store discount cards. Eventually, I will have so many discount cards that I can buy gorceries anywhere in the country and be able to save money.

I mention this because I was at a grocery store last night and I forgot which one I was in. As I walked to the cash register, I pondered about which discount card to pull out. "Am I in Giant Eagle? Or simply a Giant? But wait, around here Giant is called Martin's. Unless I'm at Shop 'n Save to use my greenpoints. I mean, there's not a Food Lion within 100 miles of here, is there?" Anyway, it turned out I was in Martin's (probably because Shop 'n Save doesn't sell hummus). But in the future I will probably select my discount card while I'm still in the parking lot to save time and frustration.

But now I'm starting to wonder. Who would win in a fight to the death, the Giant Eagle or the Food Lion? And would Piggly Wiggly stand a chance against either of them?

P.S. In a previous comment, she who styles herself as Moi directed me to write an entry on intergender camaraderie. Well Vous, I'm not ignoring you, I'm just trying to think of a good way to handle that subject. I'll post about it eventually.

5 Comments:

Blogger Yax said...

Oh, and can someone who knows French better than I do please tell me if Toi is correct, or if it should have been Tu?

In retrospect, I should probably not have gone six years without a French class.

1/28/2006 10:25 AM  
Blogger Rainey said...

it's Tu... sorry. :-P

1/28/2006 12:49 PM  
Blogger Yax said...

I changed it to vous, but I'm still confused. Is there a direct English equivalent of toi?

1/28/2006 1:41 PM  
Blogger Herr Wissenschaft said...

Ich kann nur Deutsch (y un poco de Espanol); also kann ich nicht dir helfen.

1/30/2006 5:10 PM  
Blogger lvs said...

(My vote's for toi.)

And I think Harris The Teet could knock Giant Eagle and Food Lion out of the ball park... even if it's not named after an animal.

2/01/2006 5:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home