You Can Take Certain Precautions
From this article:
Dude, we've all had the urge to break a controller from time to time. It happens. Sometimes your reflexes were a split second off. Sometimes the game cheats. You can get frustrated. It's alright. That's no reason to quit.
The first thing you can do is play some old school Nintendo. Sure, those controllers are the least ergonomical things ever made, what with those sharp corners and all, but they rank just behind mithril in terms of durability. Anyone who has ever attempted the speed bike level of Battletoads can attest to that. Throw one of these against a wall and you'll probably need to repair the wall.
Now, supposing a football players wants to release a little steam by playing some Madden. I don't trust those Xbox and PlayStation controller at all. They may seem stout, but they might as well be papier mache compared to the Nintendo controller. I've chucked an Xbox controller after an egregiously bad pass interference call and I'm sure I heard something pop. I suggest keeping a pillow or cushion nearby, either to safely throw the controller at, or to punch if the mood strikes you.
I'd better add a special mention for Guitar Hero. Flubbing a solo in this game can happen quite frequently, especially on Expert. Maybe rich NFL players can afford it, but given that these guitars controllers are pretty much the most expensive controllers ever, I don't recommend smashing them. And it seems like they'd smash pretty easily too. This is a difficult situation, and the only recommendation I have is extensive profanity. It's almost as good as breaking something, and much more cost effective.
Follow these simple tips, and you too can play video games without breaking things.
Clint Ingram has given up playing video games.
"I pretty much quit playing. I never could figure out how to play too well and I always used to break other people's controllers when I lost, so I quit playing,'' linebacker Clint Ingram.
The Jaguars' third-round pick last year figures if he's going to play something, he wants to excel.
"I want to be the best linebacker to play in the NFL," he said. "I always want to be the best at what I'm doing. I'm always working to get there. If not be the best, be the best I can be. I don't want to be just an average player or an OK player. I want to be a great player and in order to be a great player, you've got to set high goals for yourself."
Dude, we've all had the urge to break a controller from time to time. It happens. Sometimes your reflexes were a split second off. Sometimes the game cheats. You can get frustrated. It's alright. That's no reason to quit.
The first thing you can do is play some old school Nintendo. Sure, those controllers are the least ergonomical things ever made, what with those sharp corners and all, but they rank just behind mithril in terms of durability. Anyone who has ever attempted the speed bike level of Battletoads can attest to that. Throw one of these against a wall and you'll probably need to repair the wall.
Now, supposing a football players wants to release a little steam by playing some Madden. I don't trust those Xbox and PlayStation controller at all. They may seem stout, but they might as well be papier mache compared to the Nintendo controller. I've chucked an Xbox controller after an egregiously bad pass interference call and I'm sure I heard something pop. I suggest keeping a pillow or cushion nearby, either to safely throw the controller at, or to punch if the mood strikes you.
I'd better add a special mention for Guitar Hero. Flubbing a solo in this game can happen quite frequently, especially on Expert. Maybe rich NFL players can afford it, but given that these guitars controllers are pretty much the most expensive controllers ever, I don't recommend smashing them. And it seems like they'd smash pretty easily too. This is a difficult situation, and the only recommendation I have is extensive profanity. It's almost as good as breaking something, and much more cost effective.
Follow these simple tips, and you too can play video games without breaking things.


3 Comments:
it made me happy to see that jk rowling named a harry potter character after you. (even if he was a bad guy.)
i'm fully aware of the fact that you aren't a death eater. you will notice that i said that she named the character after you, therefore implying that you had the name first.
my theory is that she's so impressed by your writing that she felt compelled to use the name as a tribute. :P
Maybe you could send Mr. Ingraham one of your Nintendo boxes for his birthday.
Post a Comment
<< Home