Wednesday, May 17, 2006

I Bet Shakespeare Knew How to Keep It Real

Back in 12th grade, I remember studying a couple of Shakespeare plays. Whether to pique the interest of the class or simply to have fun, the teacher handed out photocopies of a few pages of a MAD magazine. Or it may have been an issue of Cracked, I don't remember and it doesn't matter anyway. There were several cartoons in which Shakespeare characters rapped about they play they were from. Hamlet, for example, had a rap about how much life sucked. Then the teacher asked for volunteers to perform the raps for the class. Which resulted in people attempting to speak rhythmically and be cool about it. No one was cool, myself included. But the whole incident amused me.

I guess that's why this little song amuses me as well. It's a Macbeth rap. Definitely not great, but I thought I'd share it anyway. I like nerdy things like this. In fact, I've discovered there is a whole subgenre of music called Nerdcore Hiphop. Yeah, that's right, there are people out there self-producing entire albums along the lines of Lazy Sunday. And you liked Lazy Sunday, didn't you? I know I did.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home